Thursday, January 19, 2023

A Few of My Favorite Things: Assignment

  1. Pothos house plant. This is a plant I’ve had since Freshman year. It is one of the easier plants to take care of, and the basalt pot that it resides in was given to me by my grandmother. 
  2. Puppy picture. Despite it being a long story, my sister’s dog had puppies and we kept three of them after getting attached. We have Oscar who is about to chomp on her twin sister's ear, Indigo, all while Honi is being stepped on in the back. They’ll all be four years in April 2023 and it’s been a journey raising them. 
  3. Essie “IRL” purple nail polish. Unless I’m taking a healthy nail break, I always have my nails painted. I used to have a nasty habit of biting them but, once I found the love that is all the different nail polish colors, that habit soon deteriorated. 
  4. Revlon “Rum Raisin” lipstick. Nothing like good lipstick. It’s the perfect shade that doesn’t stand out too much but can add a lot to an everyday look. 
  5. Mini donkey ceramic. My sister had given this to me as a moving-out present. That, or I had stolen it from her without asking. Either way, it serves as a good piece of remembrance.
  6. Silver hoop earrings. Silver earrings are great for any occasion. They used to be my mom’s that my sister and I would fight over. Needless to say, I took them to college with me, so I won that battle.
  7. Gold hoop earrings. Nothing like a good pair of small gold hoops that can be added to any outfit. These are my usual go-to jewelry pieces. 
  8. Bath and Body Work “Fresh Cut Lilacs” wallflower plugin. Lilac is probably my favorite flower smell. I distinctly remember walking around California and smelling it during the summers when I would be visiting my grandparents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Natural History of the Senses Relief Sculpture

  Mountain of Color Pom-poms, hot-glue, wood, markers 16 x 18 inches Artist Reflection Statement  This piece entitled Mountain of Color is a...